Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Make Money with Agloco

Agloco stands for A Global Community. And as members of Agloco's global community, as I understand it, they share the commissions they make from advertisers and search engines with it's community members.

They cite social networking megaliths like Myspace, Facebook, YouTube, Google, MSN, etc. That we, the users, helped grow, but weren't given a piece of the action, in return. It's true, think about it. How much money does Myspace make from the content we place on it? A lot, right? What do they give back?

What about joining a community that gives back a piece of that? That takes the advertising dollars, and sales commissions and shares it with the members that help grow the community? How cool would that be?

I signed up. Here's why:

I surf the internet. A lot. In my research. In my web design. In my writing, I'm always looking for sources and ideas. And while I'm not much of a shopper, if I see something interesting, I do click on the link. Even if I don't make a million bucks with Agloco, getting a bit back, to cover the broadband bill, or buy a coffee when I'm writing "on location," would be a sweet treat!

And guess what? If you sign up too, then what you surf for, and look at, and click on, will be shared with me, and our network, too. So, it's like you're buying me a cup of coffee, when you're shopping online for Chia Pets!

Now, the toolbar isn't out yet, and I'm admittedly an early adopter, but I really like the idea. Rather than being a "big brother" spying secretly, it'll know what we search for, when we put it into the Agloco toolbar, and give us a piece of the commission.

Use it for charity, use it to alleviate a bit of the cost for being a geek. Use it to buy me a coffee. ;)

If this sounds like something you're even curious about, please click this link. Read what it's all about, and sign up, if it's something for you. If it isn't, no worries, no pressure.

I, however, think it's a really cool idea!

Meg Meyer
The Center of Muse