Monday, April 2, 2007

Head Spinning Research

Now that I have hosting and a few domain names, I'm looking into what kind of content management software and website design ware I'd like to learn about.

You see, I'm old-school. I made my early pages with notepad. Yes. Really.

And while I could still code by hand, I want some of the bells and whistles of the newfangled dynamic pages, etc. I also want to spend more of my time writing and building my business than designing my website. (Odd, for a web-designer, I know. But I'd rather build my business by building YOUR website. I'd rather build my portfolio by writing an article for YOU.)

I'm interested in learning more about Ruby on Rails, WordPress, Serendipity, Joomla, Coffee Cup. Just based on hype, thus far.

I need functionality and design now, while being scalable later. I need content management, and quick loads. I need ad and product placement capabilities. I need a clients only section. I'll eventually need capability of having multiple users add to the site.

All this info is really making my head spin.

Dizzying and Exhilarating at the same time.